Natural Gas Transport 101
CPE: Recommended 7.5 hours
Program Level: Basic to Intermediate
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisites: None. No advance preparation needed.
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Live
Schedule: 8am – 4pm. Lunch is provided at 12pm.
Select a date to register!
This course covers the process of getting the gas from the wellhead to the burner tip, with a special emphasis on interstate pipeline transportation and services.
During this course, you will learn:
- Pipeline Tariffs – How to read the “rule book” and apply it to your business
- Types of transportation – What type(s) should you use?
- Capacity Release – Getting the transport you need in a robust secondary market
- Nominations and Confirmations – The process of placing your “order”
- Allocation, balancing – How imbalances occur and your options for resolving
- Tools – Using Storage, Park ‘n’ Loan and other services to your advantage
- Portfolio Optimization – Putting it all together
- Crystal Ball – The future of Transportation
Who should attend: gas schedulers, marketers, traders, contract and legal teams, end users, managers, and anyone else with an interest in learning more about this important component of the natural gas industry.
- Overview of the natural gas industry
- Supply and Production
- Distribution and Consumption
- Gas Industry Terms
- Overview of Gas Transportation
- Gas Flow
- Transportation Providers
- Transportation Services and Rates
- Pipeline Tariffs
- Firm Transportation
- Interruptible Transportation
- Other Services
- Acquiring Services
- Capacity Release
- Exercise – Securing Capacity
- Scheduling and Nominations
- Nomination Cycles and Deadlines
- Preparing a Nomination
- Confirmation by Pipeline
- Exercise – Nomination and Confirmation
- Gas Allocation
- Gas Allocation by Pipeline
- Exercise – Allocation and Curtailment
- Where Imbalances Occur and Why
- Shipper Balancing Options
- Balancing Remedies by Pipeline
- Calculating the Cost of Transport
- Testing Transportation Skills – Exercise
- Future Rules and Transportation
- Power Generation
This seminar is also available as an in-house seminar brought to your office. Contact us for more details.
See what others had to say about other Energy Seminars courses:
This was one of the better training classes I have attended in the 25 years I have been working. The instructor was very knowledgeable and made the content interesting!!
ALL new hires should take this course first.
Excellent foundation in the basics presented in understandable, plain English with helpful anecdotes and stories.
For more information regarding our complaint and refund policies, please telephone our offices at 281-362-7979.