Natural Gas Contracts 101
CPE: 7.5 hours
Program Level: Basic to Intermediate
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisites: None. No advance preparation needed.
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Live
Schedule: 8:30am – 5pm. Lunch is provided at 12pm.
Select a date to register!
Brief: This course spotlights gas contracts, from the wellhead to the burner tip, with a special emphasis on wholesale gas trading and marketing contracts. You will learn all the basic provisions of gas contracts, in a step by step review. You will be able to distinguish between a standard gas marketing contract, and a futures contract or a swap contract. In addition, attendees will receive a brief overview of Federal laws and regulations relating to natural gas merchants, and learn the secrets all good gas contractors should know at the outset. The course will conclude with a negotiation exercise where you will be able to apply the contract knowledge you have gained in a friendly setting. This vital course should be taken by all who are new to the natural gas contracting business.
- Day 1 – 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Overview of Natural Gas Business (830 to 930)
- T/F “Test” on Natural Gas Business
- From Wellhead to Burner Tip
- Production, Transportation, and Distribution
- Gas Industry Glossary of Terms
- Gas Contracts (930 to 1015)
- Production Gas Contracts
- Transportation Gas Contracts
- Physical Trading Contract: NAESB
- Financial Trading Contract: ISDA
- Futures Trading Contract: NYMEX
- How the contracts are changing!
- Gas Contract Negotiation (1030 to 1115)
- T/F “Test” on Contract Negotiation
- Offer, Acceptance and Consideration
- Enforceability and the Statute of Frauds
- Negotiation Strategies
- Gas Contract Provisions (1115 to 1200, and 100 to 230)
- T/F “Test” on Gas Contract Provisions
- Review Key Contract Provisions
- Credit Issues in Gas Contracts
- Gas Contract Negotiation Exercise (245 to 415)
- Two Entities Negotiate a Gas Contract
- Discuss Alternate Provisions
This seminar is also available as an in-house seminar brought to your office. Contact us for more details.
See what others had to say about Natural Gas Contracts 101
Instructor was easy-to-follow, answered questions effectively and professionally.
Natural Gas Contracts 202: Drafting & Negotiations
Keep your career on the fast track – Natural Gas Contracts 202: Drafting & Negotiations takes the curriculum to the next level. Register for the next seminar in this series today!
For more information regarding our complaint and refund policies, please telephone our offices at 281-362-7979.