Leap Master Agreement
CPE: 7.5 hours
Program Level: Basic to Intermediate
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisites: None. No advance preparation needed.
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Live
Schedule: 8am – 5pm. Lunch is provided at 12pm.
Select a date to register!
Brief: There is now a state of the art form for trading crude oil and refined products: THE LEAP MASTER AGREEMENT. The course begins with a discussion oil trading and how to use the LEAP Master Agreement to better manage your company’s market and credit risks. Next, there is a step by step review of the entire LEAP master agreement. How does the LEAP Master Agreement compare to the ConocoPhillips GTCs, and to the ISDA® with an oil annex? What special provisions need to be added, and which ones are already part of the LEAP? The course also includes complete coverage of the “Lessons from Lehman” and the “safe harbor” in bankruptcy for trading contracts.
- Overview of Oil and Refined Products Trading (8:30 to 9:15)
- T/F “Test” on Oil Trading
- Oil Trading Markets
- Oil Trading Documentation
- LEAP Master Agreement 2.1 (9:15 to 10:15)
- Leadership for Energy Automated Processing
- Comparison to ISDA and ConocoPhillips Form
- Highlight Advantages of LEAP Master Agreement
- LEAP Initiatives on Electronic Automation
- Review LEAP Master Agreement 2.1 (10:30 to 12:00 and 1:00 to 1:30)
- T/F “Test” on LEAP Master Agreement
- Review Section by Section
- Canadian Addendum and Marine Annex
- Cover Sheet of LEAP Master Agreement (1:30 to 2:30)
- T/F “Test” on Cover Sheet
- Review Alternatives Section by Section
- Credit and Collateral Issues
- Special Provisions
- LEAP Master Agreement Negotiation (2:45 to 4:00)
- Big Bank versus Power Utility Company
- Discuss Forms and Compromises
- Looking Forward (4:00 to 4:15)
- LEAP Master versus ISDA with Oil Annex
- Quality of the Credit Provisions
- Negotiation Strategies
This seminar is also available as an in-house seminar brought to your office. Contact us for more details.
See what others had to say about LEAP Master Agreement
Excellent. Very good interaction with the speaker. Paragraph by paragraph (comparison) to COP and GT&C was a great approach.
Very useful workshop and I will recommend it.
LEAP is a great tool and this class really breaks down the LEAP section by section. I liked how we incorporated real-life scenarios.
Natural Gas Contracts 202: Drafting & Negotiations
Keep your career on the fast track – Natural Gas Contracts 202: Drafting & Negotiations takes the curriculum to the next level. Register for the next seminar in this series today!
For more information regarding our complaint and refund policies, please telephone our offices at 281-362-7979.